Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bootloader Chip For Teensy 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Quick update, just to let everyone waiting know I am working on this now that Teensyduino 1.53 is released. It's my top priority. I hope to have chips available for you in a couple weeks.
    @PaulStoffregen Any update ?

Is there any new information about the Bootloader chip?

Cool Also Keen to Help Make Bootloaded Solutions with the Teensy 4.1

Hey,

I am new to this thread but have used the Teensy in the past and am not afraid to route a BGA design like this.

Any news on the bootloader IC?

Cheers,
    Tekt Head

@PaulStoffregen

Hi,

I'm very interested in this thread. Especially, the bootloader for DIY Teensy 4.1.
    Do you have any updates?

Thanks,
    Hyunmin

@hmshin if I'm not mistaken both use the same MCU (NXP iMXRT1062) so the bootloader should be the same for 4.0 and 4.1.

I'm also really into this bootloader as I need to design a way bigger teensy form factor. Hopefully Paul will surprise us soon

@PaulStoffregen

We're using the T4 on one of our commercial projects, and we're moving into a production. We're waiting eagerly for the bootloader chip! I was wondering what the timescale on the chip is? I think a realistic timescale would be greatly appreciated. It's fine if it would take longer, but could you let us know.

Hat

I use the NXP IMXRT1062 in my bachelor thesis. Therefore I would also be very interested in the bootloader chip for easy programming.
    I look forward to positive news on this topic.

@PaulStoffregen: Thank you for your awesome work.

First off, thank you very much for your work Paul, really making a difference. I was just wondering what the time line on this is? I am currently using a teensy 3.6 for my thesis project, and was wondering when the bootloader for the 4.0 would be avaialble? would make a ton of difference for me and my team. Thank you!

@PaulStoffregen

Do you have any news on the progress of the boot loader for T4?

I would also like to specify that everything related to Teensy works wonderfully, good job. It's really fun to develop with these products

Thank

Any update on this?

Or as an alternative, are the bootloader chips on shipped T41s capable of setting up virgin IMXRT chips?

Any info appreciated

Any Info ... AFAIK:
    > no the shipped T_4.1's are not ready to deal with a factory fresh 1062

> Work on the bootloader update to deal with that has progressed to and perhaps over a major hurdle with a security HAB issue - Some T_4's have been sent to a user for confirmation to work with needed FUSE settings and function.

> PJRC is short staffed due to health restrictions and DEV time is in short supply between production and TD 1.54 beta and such ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jollerprutt View Post
    Or as an alternative, are the bootloader chips on shipped T41s capable of setting up virgin IMXRT chips?
    No, they are not. If you desolder the MKL02 chip from a Teensy 4.1 and try to use it with a virgin IMXRT, it definitely will not work.

We would like to use the Teensy 4.0 in a compact device for medical purposes, and produce this with some volume.

The only problem we have is that the current format of the board does not fit well, and we would need to design an own layout with different sockets. It would be really great if you could sell the bootloader chip with some reference design separately, as we would immediately implement this and use it long-term.

Very, that means VERY, interested in getting boot chips for virgin iMXRT, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ikue View Post
    The only problem we have is that the current format of the board does not fit well, and we would need to design an own layout with different sockets. It would be really great if you could sell the bootloader chip with some reference design separately, as we would immediately implement this and use it long-term.
    Actually on the same situation, ant to use it in a product but form factor (having to put a socket in the board to plug the Teensy instead of having a single clean PCB) and logicstics make it much more appealing to have your own design using Paul's bootloader.

I remember reading they hit some problems with the bootloader, that's why we haven't heard anything yet even tho he said in summer it was his first priority after the 1.53 update. On the other hand some clue about the estimated time available (even if it's months away yet) would be nice as that would help most of us with our planification.