USB Wireless PC Remote Control + Receiver commands to a Teensy 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, it should be pretty simple. Most of the IR remotes use standardized controls, and the IRremote library handles them:

On the 4.0 beta thread, it looks like Paul added the support in January (messages 430, 435, 436, 441, 442).

You would need to get an appropriate IR sensor. On message 435, it was asked if the following board would work, and Paul answered in 436, that it probably would work (you need to make sure it handles 3.3v power). But there are many other sensors available that should work:

Hello Mike,
Glad you replied. Because of that I noticed I had the wrong link posted . I was referring to those RF type transmitters that receives the RF from the remote to a little USB dongle type receiver.
I imagine its demodulating the RF and serializing the data to USB.
But my head starts spinning trying to figure out the usb host thing as of now .Pretty much a noob concerning that.
I am imagining how nice it would be to connect that dongle receiver to a Teensy 4.0 and have all those buttons at one"s disposal. Or is it too much wishful thinking?
There may be a reason I haven't seen any projects with these .I don't know.
In other words, Would the Teensy 4.0 or any Teensy, be able to extract the keypress's from that dongle receiver?
As of now ,I wouldn't need the mouse or voice functions.
Thz

an example is the link
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/Voice-Remo...647&pg=2385738&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598 )
)
)

Last edited:
Generally it is a 'simple matter of programming'. You may be the first person to want something.

In the case of the Teensy, only the Teensy 3.6 and the new Teensy 4.0 support USB host mode (as opposed to USB client mode). I've never used it, so somebody else would have to say whether it is feasible or not. Since it is 'a mouse', it likely sends codes similar to other mice, and it may be just a matter of using tools on Linux, Windows, or Mac that shows what the USB traffic is, and mapping that to what you want.

And you may be a noob now, but that is correctable. It depends on how much you want something and whether you are willing to dive into the details if nobody else has done a simple package. You might be the one to write that package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back