Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: upload error - The system cannot find the file specified

upload error - The system cannot find the file specified

i downloaded arduino and TYcommander to a new computer and wanted to see that it works.
    after dowloading arduino and teensyduino and placing them in the default program files(x86), i downloaded TYcommander and extracted it to a folder i created in desktop.
    until now it was automatically downloaded and extracted to the downloads folder and after integrating with arduino it would work fine (open as soon as i upload a sketch).

since i moved it to the new folder iv'e been getting the following error-
    Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), TD: 1.46, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Faster, US English"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
    Opening Teensy Loader...

Sketch uses 13080 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1048576 bytes.
    Global variables use 5644 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 256500 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\teensy related files\TyTools-0.8.11-win64\TyCommanderC.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java :1048)
    at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUt ils.java:26)
    at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand( Uploader.java:129)
    at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.runCo mmand(SerialUploader.java:383)
    at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploa dUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:197)
    at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java :77)
    at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchContr oller.java:732)
    at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(Sketc hController.java:703)
    at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.jav a:2086)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java :1029)
    ... 9 more
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

i found a post on a different forum with a similar problem https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=568368.0 but wasn't sure how to implement the lead pointed out there. currently i tried restoring and re-integrating the TYcommander with arduino but it didn't effect the error
    Last edited by gony; 08-13-2019 at 03:09 PM.