Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 2.0?

Teensy 2.0?

I just ran across the Teensy 2.0

I actually like the look of the thing (Its tiny) for using as a controller. Is it like all the other Teensy, Feather & Arduino things that I can run Arduino code on?

Specs?

Thanks!

-jim lee

Look around on www.PJRC.COM - there are specs and tables for all of them.

The Teensy 2 is as good as the other AVR 8 bit Arduino's and the functions offered by it's pins are perfectly compatible.

You'd likely be better served by a more powerful Teensy LC or 3.2 or New Teensy 4 - each of which offers Arduino compatibility in the same 0.7x 1.4 inch size but ever increasing power and speed and available resource using a 32 bit microprocessor core.

I already use 3.2s like jellybeans. I just liked the 2.0 because is was a little bit smaller and about $4 cheaper. I figured it may be good for putting it into things that didn't need a lot of processor power.

-jim lee

Teensy LC has a significantly lower price than Teensy 2.0. It also has far more features, more memory, and better performance.

But you answer your original question:

Specs?
    Here's the page with hardware specs.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/techspecs.html

Still needs to be updated for the new Teensy 4.0, but the old info on Teensy 2.0 hasn't changed.

Thanks for the spect, that'll help a lot. ! I was mostly wondering if it programmed just like "everything else".

-jim lee

Yes, all the Teensy boards work with the Arduino software.

Generally speaking, things work pretty much the same as other boards. That rather vague answer is the best anyone can say for this non-specific question.

That table could use a row with approximate power usage...

For long term usage however, you would be advised to start transitioning to the Teensy LC (or 3.2 or even 4.0). Paul has posted that the Teensy 2.0 is nearing the end of its lifetime, so for new development, it would be better to switch to a newer chipset now, rather than need a replacement Teensy 2.0 in 2-3 years, only to discover it has been discontinued.

The way I interpret the Teensy 2.0 page(the same info is not available on the page for the version with soldered pins) is that Paul is keeping it in production to support those who have existing designs based on it who for one reason or another can't readily transfer to a newer model.
    New 'commercial' designs using it is really discouraged.
    It's probably OK as a one-off for home use. Unless you want to be certain that you can replace it if it dies in a few years

But yeah, unless the 2.0 offers something that the other versions doesn't, pick a newer model.