Teensy 4.0 Schematics/eagle files?

I'm drawing the schematic now. It's going to take a while...

But here's the GPIO part. Hopefully no big surprises?

schematic40_gpio.png

hello
good news for the i/o map
have you a idea if it is possible to interface hard Qei in this case
do you now where find exemple of Qei parameters
thank you
fabient

Thanks! What’s the DMG2305UX’s function? I thought it might be to allow Ext Vin and the USB to power it at the same time but I it’s not set up that way.

Is that lowly switch on the mkl02 the famous Teensy *TM* Brickproofing Button?

Valid assumption that those many extra mkl02 pins {versus T_3.x's} are somehow related to what might be a debug avenue once noted?

Added minor fixes to the schematic, for the Program pin and 3.3V & GND (right side of the board between On/Off & VTAB). Also added 10 of the 11 test points which were overlooked earlier.

Indeed, N12 (USB_OTG1_CHD_B) is floating. That open drain output pin would normally be used to integrate the USB charger detection to an external power management chip, presumably so it could know when to draw much more current. Sorry, Teensy 4.0 doesn't support that sort of external power management integration. The wakeup pin (L6) and standby request (L7) are also unconnected.

PMIC_ON_REQ is connected to the 3.3V regulator enable, but that's the extent of Teensy 4.0's support for hardware power management. Trade offs had to be made to fit everything into the small size. Many other features (like native ethernet) that people wanted didn't make the cut either.

you have N11 twice, I think you meant N14 on the VDD_ADC_3v3. Why didnt you just upload the schematic from your CAD software?

In this case, I upgraded from the usual post-it notes to a full letter-size sheet of paper with notes about each BGA pin. Even used Robin's collection of many different colored highlighter pens. She's a huge fan of color coding stuff. I usually don't bother, but this was a bigger project.

Still, no CAD software for the schematic. Sure, a schematic is useful for communicating with others. But for just me, as 1 guy without anyone else on the engineering "team", CAD schematics just slow me down.

Hello Paul,

I have a few questions related to the schematic and how open source teensy would be in general.
1- Is the schematic of teensy 4 or 4.1 available in any of the layout software such as eagle or Altium?
2- If I want to make the custom Teensy, is the bootloader code will be available?

Thank you

Back