RA8875 from Buydisplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use awesome fonts and use virtual screens the RA8875 display is in this way very fast with a Teensy 4.
Look herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34qxH-2JwA
Best,
Johan

Wow, that’s pretty amazing, and exactly the performance I would like to get.

I’ll need to research a bit on the virtual screen, this is the first time I’ve heard that term. I did look into using
Layers ( I think that’s what it was ) a while back but I could never get it to work, I couldn’t wrap my head around how it actually worked and what exactly I had to do in the program.
Thanks for the help.

Still curious how to turn off a font, or at least turn the default font back on.

I did modify the scetch to use the eternal font from the font chip, that is quite fast and the font is a bit beter looking, still not as nice as the fonts in the link you posted though.

Wow, the construction of the case is impressive.

How did you make the case looking so good ?

Hi, virtual screens are not that easy but needed for fast writing on the screen, also needed for refresh a value without flickering.

If you need more information about that please send me a private mail at holsteinjg@gmail.com

Because this is a big example made for a GSL1680 and FT5206 RA8875 touchscreens.

However when you understand how my sketch works you can use it for every display even Oled character displays.
Best,
Johan

That looks great.

Any video of how you machine the front panel? Do you spray it afterward ?

I found getting a nice finish for a project is most difficult.

So i found this in the library,

RA8875 has 4 different font set, same shape but suitable for most languages
please look at RA8875 datasheet and choose the correct one for your language!
ISO_IEC_8859_1 (default),
ISO_IEC_8859_2,
ISO_IEC_8859_3,
ISO_IEC_8859_4
The default one it's the most common one and should work in most situations */
#define DEFAULTINTENCODING ISO_IEC_8859_1 // [default ISO_IEC_8859_1]

But I still cant seem to get the font set back to the default RA8875 font.
Ive tried
tft.setFont(DEFAULTINTENCODING);
tft.setFont(INT);
tft.setFont(ISO_IEC_8859_1);
tft.setFont (DEFAULT);

Nothing works.

tft.setFont(INT); was in one of the examples, though i cannot remember witch one.

Is there a way to set the RA8875 back its built in default font after another font has been called ?
Thanks

Sorry most of my playing with the RA8875 library and fonts, was with the ability to support GFX fonts as well as our ILI9341 fonts....

But if I were guessing I would try: tft.setFontDefault();
At least for turning off the ILI and GFX stuff. At least it looks promising:
Code:
	inline void setFontDefault() { 
		_use_default = 1; 
		if(_portrait && (!_use_gfx_font || !_use_ili_font)) {
			_cursorX += _cursorY;
			_cursorY -= _cursorX;
		}
		_use_ili_font=0; 
		_use_gfx_font=0;
		_use_int_font=1;
		_use_tfont=0;
		setActiveWindow();
		_textPosition(_cursorX, _cursorY, false);
		};

Sorry most of my playing with the RA8875 library and fonts, was with the ability to support GFX fonts as well as our ILI9341 fonts....

But if I were guessing I would try: tft.setFontDefault();
At least for turning off the ILI and GFX stuff. At least it looks promising:
Code:
	inline void setFontDefault() { 
		_use_default = 1; 
		if(_portrait && (!_use_gfx_font || !_use_ili_font)) {
			_cursorX += _cursorY;
			_cursorY -= _cursorX;
		}
		_use_ili_font=0; 
		_use_gfx_font=0;
		_use_int_font=1;
		_use_tfont=0;
		setActiveWindow();
		_textPosition(_cursorX, _cursorY, false);
		};

That works great! thanks
I also found this:

tft.setFont(INTFONT); is shown in the external font ROM examples, but i cant seem to get that to work.

Updating an xxx.xx number in _Crystal_48_Italic_ takes ~ 27600 microseconds with the T4 @ 600mhz

Using the internal font is about 100 times faster than a library font of roughly the same size (48ish ), 273 microseconds

And it looks like using the onboard ROM font is about 42 times faster, @ ~11400 microseconds.

Both options should work great for now.

Using a library font would probably woork fine as well, but once i start updating 5 or 6 values at a time, that starts

Being able to write all the static stuff in a pretty font, then swap to a basic font that updates so fast is really handy.

need to look into some of the virtual page stuff to really soup it up, but for now this will get me going.

Thanks again.
getting into the 100millisecond per update range, or 10fps

Edit, using a rom font is about 42 times slower than the default font.

I’ve been playing around a bit with the ROM fonts, trying to figure out how to access the different character sets in the ROM.
Not having a lot of luck, but it’s a minor issue at this point. Getting some pretty good performance with it as is.

Next step will be getting the touch screen working. The GSL1860 on this lcd does. It appear to have a user friendly library, however the example code from buy display seems to work fine, the only annoyance is that it is a big chunk of code sitting in front of the setup and loop, it’s over 2000 lines, I tried moving it all to a separate function that was called on but that didn’t work ( I have no idea what it doing so that did not surprise me )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back