Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: FreeRTOS compile error saying Teensy 3.5 board is AVR architecture

FreeRTOS compile error saying Teensy 3.5 board is AVR architecture

I'm trying to compile a sketch using FreeRTOS for the first time on my Teensy 3.5 board. I'm getting a compile error saying my board runs on AVR architecture (see error message below). I believe I have a Freescale ARM processor. Note: I am able to run the Teensy Tutorial Blink sketch successfully. Am I'm missing something basic here?

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), TD: 1.47, Board: "Teensy 3.5, Serial, 120 MHz, Faster, US English"

WARNING: library FreeRTOS_ARM claims to run on (sam) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s).
    /tmp/arduino_build_755366/core/core.a(EventResponder.cpp.o): In function `pendablesrvreq_isr':
    /home/derek/arduino-1.8.9/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/EventResponder.cpp:87: multiple definition of `pendablesrvreq_isr'
    /tmp/arduino_build_755366/libraries/FreeRTOS_ARM/utility/port.c.o:/home/derek/Arduino/libraries/FreeRTOS_ARM/src/utility/port.c:469: first defined here
    /home/derek/arduino-1.8.9/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
    /tmp/arduino_build_755366/core/core.a(EventResponder.cpp.o): In function `EventResponder::triggerEventNotImmediate()':
    /home/derek/arduino-1.8.9/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/EventResponder.cpp:46: multiple definition of `systick_isr'
    /tmp/arduino_build_755366/libraries/FreeRTOS_ARM/utility/port.c.o:/home/derek/Arduino/libraries/FreeRTOS_ARM/src/utility/port.c:291: first defined here
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error compiling for board Teensy 3.5.

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teensy3.5_board.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	17274  
    Attached Files Attached Files

@PaulStoffregen - can answer this a lot better than I can...

The Teensy Teensy 3.x and 4.0 and LC are all ARM based products, but the earlier Teensy 1 and 2.x were AVR based products.

When a board (set of boards) is installed, under the Arduino, IDE, part of the installation is to pick a location on where things are installed, and as you can see in the messages like:
    Code:
    /home/derek/arduino-1.8.9/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/EventResponder.cpp:46: multiple definition of `systick_isr'
    Paul choose to put all of it under the AVR tag. Why?

I believe it is such that all of the libraries installed like for example: Wire
    will only need to be installed in one place and can be used by both the T2(AVR) and the others which are ARM.
    However this does cause some defines to be set that show AVR...

So maybe this warning isn't an issue, and I just need to resolve the multiple definition errors.

So I fixed the multiple definition errors and it works. The warning just threw me off. Thanks.