Camera support and LCD for the T4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmygee

Gents, I am pleased to receive my first Teensy, the 4.0. I believe it it named correctly because it IS teensy. But, in cases like this size does matter.
I am attempting to develop a camera/ display around the 4.0. Ugh! Looking at the NXP user manual I see the pins associated with CSI (camera), and LCD display. So I went about correlating the Teensy pins to get a feel for how a camera would run; no go. The manual calls out CSI data path and control pins such as CSI_FIELD, CSI_HSYNC, CSI_ MCLK, CSI_PIXCLK, CSI_VSYNC, along with 24 CSI_DATA pins . Of course, I would not use more than 8 data pins for a low end cam, the typical 24 pin CSI connector. Of these signals it looks as I can access H_Sync on GPIO-AD_B1_07;or GPIO_AD_BO_15; CSI_V_SYNC on AD_B1_06. The Data pins come out as CSI_DAT_06, CSI_DAT_07, CSI_DAT_08, CSI_DAT_09, CSI_DAT_16, CSI_DAT_17,CSI_DAT_21, and CSI_DAT_22.

Looking at the pins that are available on the T4, It seems to be hit or miss for running a camera on the T4.

Is there a secret sauce I can use to come up with a method to run a camera.

With T4.0 the answer is no. Not all the camera/video pins are broken out with this version. Maybe in a future version they will be. I have had success in attaching an ArduCAM Mini 2MP camera to the T4 though and sending snapshots and crude video (continuous bmps) to a ILI9341 - was done just to see if it could be done. Also see this post https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/54711-Teensy-4-0-First-Beta-Test?p=212486&viewfull=1#post212486

PS> Their shield with the LCD works better - got that working as well

Thanks!, Is the 3.6 more suited for something like this. I saw some video from a 3.6 on line but I don't remember if it was suitable for prime time.

I just what @xfer did and am looking at it. Have to do a double check but the lib I downloaded from Arducam did use spi transactions for the teensy. So with that in hand I am going to go back and see the deltas and see if I can get it working like @xfer did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back