Reading a specific set of CAN message

Status
Not open for further replies.

slythy

I have a 3.6 and then the Dual CAN board from tindy.

I am looking at reading specific CAN channels from a datalogging system. I have complete control over the messages sent out and recieved. I am looking to just grab these data bits and store them in the arduino for doing real time math. Any chance someone could lead me in the right direction? I'm struggling looking at the examples to get something together so I CAN get started.

Any advice or a sample code of how to read a specific CAN message that I could elaborate on would be great.

Below is my CAN system on my datalogger. as you can see I can make anything. I do understand how CAN works and I use it all the time within my data system. I however am not a great coder by trade.

SQTBp39.png

pVvzkbB.png

RWHsKAI.png

Attachments

• SQTBp39.png
    SQTBp39.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 79
  • RWHsKAI.png
    RWHsKAI.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 71
IFCT can he used to read specific mailboxes in either hardware mode or software mode, the masking in hardware mode is fully automated by ID input, so the user doesn’t need to worry about How filtering works. However if you are only filtering that you wont get any other messages unless you add their IDs too. In software mode without filters, you can parse the IDs you want and handle it directly in the callback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back