Teensy (3.2) pin header for IC sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

10sy

Hi!

I like to ask the most noob question about Teensy boards: is there exists headers for these boards which fits into that circular IC-sockets/headers?

Sorry I'm not a practicing electroneer, I thought that this will not be a broblem but it is for me now...

I dislike to de-solder current socket from the PCB and dislike to solder teensy to the PCB. I like to push a Teensy with a correct header into a "circular-hole" IC socket. (Temporaly I soldered some hard wires into Teensy and pushed board into the socket already soldered to the PCB)

Many thanks for any of Your help!

Attila

Hi!

I like to ask the most noob question about Teensy boards: is there exists headers for these boards which fits into that circular IC-sockets/headers?

Sorry I'm not a practicing electroneer, I thought that this will not be a broblem but it is for me now...

I dislike to de-solder current socket from the PCB and dislike to solder teensy to the PCB. I like to push a Teensy with a correct header into a "circular-hole" IC socket. (Temporaly I soldered some hard wires into Teensy and pushed board into the socket already soldered to the PCB)

Many thanks for any of Your help!

Attila

OK - I want something impossible? I still can't find a header which connects Teensy 3.2 to an IC socket. :( Yes, I'm lame.

Do these fit the bill - out of stock since August 7 2019 … https://www.tindie.com/products/OSHChip/16-pieces-of-flip-pins-14/

What is it?
Flip-Pins are the third generation of the Integrated Circuit (IC) pins designed by Fliptronics for use in products like OSHChip. The goal for Flip-Pins was to create pins that could be soldered into a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and to look as much like an IC pin as possible. (Current production OSHChips use the second generation pins, and will change over to third generation with the next production run.) With the unique plastic aligner, the pins are held 0.100” apart, with a 0.062” solder tail exposed.
A significant feature of Flip-Pins is that their width (0.020”) is the same as traditional Dual-Inline-Package (DIP) IC pins, and so Flip-Pins are directly compatible with standard Breadboards. Many people use header pins which are square to connect their PCBs to breadboards, and are unaware that header pins damage the breadboard because they are wider than standard DIP pins. PCBs that use Flip-Pins are easier to insert and remove from breadboards, compared to PCBs with header pins.

Also here … in stock … https://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/854

May not work in your round pin sockets ::

Code:
Flip-Pins are compatible with IC sockets that have flat contacts. Flip-Pins might not be compatible with IC sockets that have a round entry hole for the IC pin.

Last edited:
1st link is totally fulfills my technical and financial needs :D

So many thanks guys (like defragster, neurofun , and luni!), my native language is not English and with my disabilities I can't found the right phrase like "machine pin header" etc.

Now I can order the right header from ebay - MANY, many thanks guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back