Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: T4.0 Memory - trying to make sense of the different regions

@defragster - wonder if I need to learn more about how VS... works and try to build a version that is totally stand alone and does not require run time support?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    @defragster - wonder if I need to learn more about how VS... works and try to build a version that is totally stand alone and does not require run time support?
    Everything is so in paranoid mode {justifiably} - download an office DOC and it can't run/edit/print without APPROVE.

I opened the imxtr-size github VS SLN file - and had to APPROVE it to open to build! It does build and run fine.

There is a way to PACK an app to hold what it needs - or perhaps auto install it. That probably has issues as well as there are blocks to running EXE's on machines other than yours - with some extension to DEV machines? Though in that case it likely has the needed DLL's.

I did it once for a VB app in the last year - worked well as I had to update it for a failed USB Touch screen's new model and put on a new computer.

Perhaps this is the start link for this app deploy?:: deploying-native-desktop-applications-visual-cpp?view=vs-2019