Teensy 3.6 Stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoseman

I've been working with a Teensy 3.6 for about a week now and trying to get a flight controller put together for a quadcopter. While trying to get the PID controller figured out the quadcopter has bounced around quite a lot and last night it stopped working. I think the problem is the USB connector has been damaged, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not very knowledgable about the hardware side of things, I'm a software engineer. So I haven't been able to do more than carefully poke around with my voltmeter to see if the board is still getting power from the USB connection. It is getting power from the USB connection as tested at the USB connector directly, and the 3.3V output pin on the board is producing 3.3V, but the board isn't registering as a device on my computer when plugged-in, and the LED isn't lighting up. The LED is the lit up with one of the first few lines of code.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot, fix, or replace the USB connector on the board? I can't see any obvious physical damage to the board or USB connector and there hasn't been any smoke or hot spots on any of the components.

I was going to order a Teensy 4.0, but I'm concerned that it will also not take the abuse of being strapped to a quadcopter.

Thanks for any advice!

--
Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back