A fabrication disaster in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahtuna

I'm in the process of getting some devices fabricated in China. After the boards were fabbed, but before assembly had started, I noticed a potential issue with my design. I contacted them and paid to have new boards fabbed--no problem. Well today I got a pic of a fully assembled board. They asked me to check to make sure there were no issues with the polarities of the ICs and diodes. While the polarities were all fine, I discovered that they had used the wrong boards! And in fact they had already populated all the SMD parts on the wrong boards. They have admitted the mistake and asked if I would accept the product anyway. I said no, but I'm not sure what they are going to say in reply. There are 250 boards and with $6000 USD worth of parts on them--$3000 of which I paid out of pocket for (MKL02 + MK20DC256VLH7).

Has anyone had this kind of issue before? What can I expect? Can the assemblers move the parts from one set of boards to another? If they do something like that is it likely to affect the integrity of the parts?

Regards,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back