Using the Audio System Design Tool for Teensy 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt54321

Greetings All!

I just became aware of the great node-red like Audio System Design Tool (ASDT) for Teensy: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/
This looks like a GREAT tool! I have used Node Red before, but never for generating actual firmware.

1. Does this tool currently work for Teensy 4.0?

2. When I drag/drop an output -> PWM block, I see that the PWM carrier frequency is 88.2kHz for the Teensy 3.1 (CPU speed is set at 48 or 96 MHz). What are my settings/carrier frequency if I am using the Teensy 4.0? ( CPU clock = 600MHz [?] )

3. Here's my REAL question: I would really like to use the ASDT for a different application: motor control with the teensy 4.0. If I can get the PWM carrier above 20kHz, I think it is possible.
There are some existing blocks that are already useful for motor control (the "multiply" block, and the "filters" blocks), but we are missing basic control blocks (addition, subtraction, division, etc.).
--> Is there a way for me to add custom blocks (I.E. an addition/subtraction block) to the ASDT?

Greetings All!

I just became aware of the great node-red like Audio System Design Tool (ASDT) for Teensy: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/
This looks like a GREAT tool! I have used Node Red before, but never for generating actual firmware.

1. Does this tool currently work for Teensy 4.0?

2. When I drag/drop an output -> PWM block, I see that the PWM carrier frequency is 88.2kHz for the Teensy 3.1 (CPU speed is set at 48 or 96 MHz). What are my settings/carrier frequency if I am using the Teensy 4.0? ( CPU clock = 600MHz [?] )

3. Here's my REAL question: I would really like to use the ASDT for a different application: motor control with the teensy 4.0. If I can get the PWM carrier above 20kHz, I think it is possible.
There are some existing blocks that are already useful for motor control (the "multiply" block, and the "filters" blocks), but we are missing basic control blocks (addition, subtraction, division, etc.).
--> Is there a way for me to add custom blocks (I.E. an addition/subtraction block) to the ASDT?

Generally the Audio system does indeed work on Teensy 4.0 AFAIK - certainly there may be elements that aren't tuned up yet. For those to get addressed it would take posting of the issue and sample or details to repro and resolve.

The Teensy 4 Clock system is nice and unique and not tied to the CPU Frequency. And PWM freq does have a few settings higher than 20KHz on some pins up to some MHz

Does not work for Teensy 4

Can you elaborate.
I have the Audio Tools working great on my Teensy 4.0.
The current version of the PJRC audio board works well with it T4.0 but it is not directly stackable as some of the pins have moved around.
I've had success both with examples, and with some quick trials created using the design tool.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate.
I have the Audio Tools working great on my Teensy 4.0.
The current version of the PJRC audio board works well with it T3.0 but it is not directly stackable as some of the pins have moved around.
I've had success both with examples, and with some quick trials created using the design tool.

I'm unable to flash the device as a sound driver, therefore the audio tool doesn't work to that end. Maybe works as you have it, maybe as an independent audio device.

Yes, the non-Serial USB device types aren't supported yet on Teensy 4.0. They will be added in a future version of the software.

I'm sure to you, this must seem like part of the audio design tool. But when you say the design tool doesn't work, and you give no specific details, everyone else who does understand how the software is implemented in different components can't understand what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back