Arduino Library Ethernet 2.0.0 - Not Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAngel

Good day.

This library on Arduino Due + Arduino Ethernet R2 does not work for me.

I tried various options for connecting pins and initialization. Compiled a demo project. Nothing helped. Throws an error: Ethernet shield was not found.

With libraries 1.x works without problems.

What to do?

We Need more info, without any code most of us are unable to help. However I know this chip and know you need to make sure the CS pin is used since the board you have also has card reader sharing the same SPI bus.

crees

Can you show a photo of the ethernet shield and how it's connected to your Due? There are many ethernet shields on the market with very similar names.

We Need more info, without any code most of us are unable to help. However I know this chip and know you need to make sure the CS pin is used since the board you have also has card reader sharing the same SPI bus.

crees

Any code.
Example: SimpleClient.

Throws an error: Ethernet shield was not found.

Pins connected: SCK,MISO,MOSI - Due 6pin SPI, SS - 10 pin, 3.3v, gnd,reset.

The SD card on the board is not connected. It was connected on another 4-pin Due board. I connected and disconnected it both in the firmware and physically - there is no result.

Can you show a photo of the ethernet shield and how it's connected to your Due? There are many ethernet shields on the market with very similar names.

I have a Chinese shield clone. 2 pieces, purchased at different times. None of them work.
I can take a photo, but later, the devices are in another place.

Shield Arduino not plugged in, and located side by side and connected by wires.
Pins connected: SCK,MISO,MOSI - Due 6pin SPI, SS - 10 pin, 3.3v, gnd,reset.

IMG_20190830_213828.jpgIMG_20190830_213939.jpg

These are two different shields.

I have that ethernet shield. Or one which looks just like it. Plugged it into my Arduino Due and uploaded the WebClient example.

DSC_0589_web.jpg

Seems to work fine. Here's what I see in the serial monitor.

sc.png

I tested with Arduino 1.8.9, using the Ethernet library that comes with 1.8.9.

This is as much work as I am willing to do for support of Arduino Due. I recommend asking for help on Arduino's forum.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?board=87.0

Or maybe you should test with the shield plugged into your Arduino Due. At least this message can confirm it does indeed work that way. If you need more help, ask for it on Arduino's forum. If you ask on their forum, perhaps show better photos of how you actually connected the wires. Maybe someone more experienced with Arduino Due will see something wrong.... but if you show only the photos you gave here, nobody can follow the wires and see what you really did.

I have that ethernet shield. Or one which looks just like it. Plugged it into my Arduino Due and uploaded the WebClient example.
I tested with Arduino 1.8.9, using the Ethernet library that comes with 1.8.9.
This is as much work as I am willing to do for support of Arduino Due. I recommend asking for help on Arduino's forum.
Or maybe you should test with the shield plugged into your Arduino Due. At least this message can confirm it does indeed work that way. If you need more help, ask for it on Arduino's forum. If you ask on their forum, perhaps show better photos of how you actually connected the wires. Maybe someone more experienced with Arduino Due will see something wrong.... but if you show only the photos you gave here, nobody can follow the wires and see what you really did.

I am writing in Visual Studio. But I also tried this library in IDE 1.8.5. In Visual Studio, I have the latest update for Due. I will try to update the IDE and download the firmware.
I already wrote on the Arduino forum, but in the Ethernet section. There is no solution yet.
Pins connected: SCK,MISO,MOSI - Due 6pin SPI, SS - 10 pin, 3.3v, gnd,reset. I will try to take another Due and stick the shield in it. But the previous library 1.x.x works with this connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back