Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensyduino Library location

Teensyduino Library location

I see Teensyduino has it's own library location apart from the Arduino libraries. I have about a hundred Arduino libs and would rather not dupe them into the Teensyduino folder. I'd like to keep Teensy-only libs there - is there any way to add a search path so the IDE can check both places for includes? I wonder if I put a symbolic link to the Arduino folder in the Teensy folder if that might do the trick

Teensyduino installs all of its libraries: <where your arduino IDE is installed>/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/...

Arduino has it's search order:
    For example: Arduino will mostly first search in your <Sketch folder location>/libraries for any library.
    If it does not find it there (or at least one compatible).

If it does not find it there it will search the Hardware folder of where your boards were installed, with the right architecture type. (All teensy are marked AVR)
    and search for libraries there.

If it does not find one there I Think it then searches: <where your arduino IDE is installed>/libraries

So again your Arduino folders libraries will mostly already take priority over the ones Teensy installs.

Ah - thanks for clearing that up. So I will be able to just keep my Teensy libs separate.

I'm sure other more active developers have a bigger library problem than a hundred, but the 'library' folder with only one level get a bit cluttered. :-)