Computer USB Does not recognize T4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofishal

I am running Windows 8.1. My T3.5 board works perfectly and I've never had a situation where the computer does not recognize the T3.5. I am running SamplePlayer sketch with an audio shield. It runs fine on my T3.5. I hooked up my new T4 and it worked for an hour or so and now I continually get the error "No Teensy boards were found on any USB ports of your computer. Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch."

Nothing works on the T4. I switched everything back to my T3.5 and everything works. What might be going on? I've rebooted my computer twice and that did not help. I've looked through the forums and PJRC website and followed troubleshooting advice, but nothing has fixed the problem. My computer won't detect my T4.

I am running Windows 8.1. My T3.5 board works perfectly and I've never had a situation where the computer does not recognize the T3.5. I am running SamplePlayer sketch with an audio shield. It runs fine on my T3.5. I hooked up my new T4 and it worked for an hour or so and now I continually get the error "No Teensy boards were found on any USB ports of your computer. Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch."

Nothing works on the T4. I switched everything back to my T3.5 and everything works. What might be going on? I've rebooted my computer twice and that did not help. I've looked through the forums and PJRC website and followed troubleshooting advice, but nothing has fixed the problem. My computer won't detect my T4.

Have you programmed at least one sketch to your T4? As shipped, Teensy's don't enable the USB serial port in their blink sketch. I was reminded of this when I took a new T4 out of the package, and the serial port monitor could not find the Teensy. Once I downloaded my own blink sketch (which varies the frequency of the blinks and writes to the USB serial monitor), it worked fine.

At the moment, it does not look like 1.47 offers other options for the USB (i.e. no serial, serial, midi, etc.) that it did for the LC/3.x Teensies. I believe Paul has said he is working on that.

Yes, I was running the SamplePlayer sketch successfully on the T4 before I began getting the error.

Try the 15 second restore. Press and hold the button on your Teensy 4.0. Watch the red LED. After ~14 seconds, it will give a brief blink to tell you the moment where releasing the button will start the restore. Let the button go then. The red LED will then turn on bright while the restore process completely wipes the flash memory and writes a known-good program, which takes several seconds. When the process ends, you'll see the red LED turn off. Teensy will reboot to the restored LED blink program, so you'll see the orange LED start blinking again.

While the orange LED is blinking, your computer should detect Teensy 4.0 as RawHID (not Serial). Look in the Tools > Ports menu of Arduino. If using Windows Device Manager, look for something to appear in "Human Interface Devices", not "Ports".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back