Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Compiling taking very VERY long time on Windows 10 with Arduino 1.8.9 and TD 1.47

Compiling taking very VERY long time on Windows 10 with Arduino 1.8.9 and TD 1.47

It seems to take forever to compile anything on my Windows 10 PC with Arduino 1.8.9 and TeensyDuino 1.47

Has anyone any ideas what I can do to speed it up? I know many of you will be ready to respond "Bin Windows and use Linux" but any ideas on how to speed it up on Windows 10?

Are you running a virus protector? If so some of them by the defaults suck the life out of the machine, when it comes to compiles with Arduino.
    You can help it a bit to configure your protection to help some.

For example I have Norton 360.
    If you go into their settings, under scans/risks tab, there is a place named something like: items to exclude from scans, with a configure button:
    In here I add my Arduino install folder: in this case d:\arduino-1.8.9
    And also where Arduino installs other boards and stuff, in my case: c:\users\kurte\AppData\Local\Arduino15

And then builds run better.

But again this is Norton. Other protection software do it differently, although hopefully most have some form of exclude...

I have added exceptions for all folders and the application but no joy at first. I will continue tomorrow. Thanks for the info