A simple little t4 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwatson

@All

I thought I share this. It is a simple PC that started out the T36 and now I've ported most of it to the T4B2. When the breakout board is available from Tindie I will be able to finish porting it to the T4.
Here are a few pictures. I do not have a very good camera or the ability to do a video so pictures are not that good.

T4_system1.jpg T4_main_screen3.jpg

This is the whole system on the left and the boot up screen on the right. You will see the older T36 breadboard in the upper left. The T4 is running a 10.1" TFT form Buydisplay that is using the RA8876 display controller fro RAIO. A wireless keyboard and mouse are connected along with USB to SATA adapter for the hard drive through a Belkin 4 port HUB.

At this point I have three main programs loaded into the T4. A file manager, WIP of course, STBASIC which needs the modified version of the KILO text editor.

File Manager mouse capable with dialog boxes and message boxes:

T4_fm5.jpg fm_file_copy.jpg
fm_file_copy1.jpg T$_mkdir.jpg

Kilo text file editor:

T4_kilo2.jpg T4_kilo3.jpg

STBASIC showing the use of user defined fonts on the RA8876:

.jpg

STBASIC is a structured BASIC interpreter without the use of line numbers so that was the need for the KILO editor which available on the internet.
It is easy to add commands and functions so a lot of the the library functions can be implemented in basic which I have done.

There are many things I have yet to setup that were on the T36, touchscreen, WIFI with the ESP8266 and sound.

These Teensy's are so awesome. Thanks Paul and all others contributing to this forum.

Very nice indeed! Will you be publishing the source code?

At this point it very much WIP. I have all of the software components except for MSC in one sketch folder. I want make separate libraries of the RA8876 drivers which are my version of Ra8876_lite and TFT. TFT.cpp contains many wrapper functions for Ra8876_lite. Then there is STBasic which will be a separate library and FM (File Manager) in a separate library as well. I think dialog.cpp should be part of the Ra8876_lite library. Right now I am only using the dialog popups for the File Manager.

I will probably start with Ra8876_lite getting it into a library first.

Lots of work to do yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back