Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Memory map for i.MX RT1062

Memory map for i.MX RT1062

I'm new to micro controllers and diving in to learning about registers but I can't find any info about this chip. The data sheet from NXP doesn't have the layout of the registers. For example, here's a screen shot from a tutorial about how the registers are assigned on an Atmega chip from an Arduino. I don't own an Arduino so was hoping I could explore this on my new Teensy. Anyone have a link to this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atmega register map.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	17494

For some idea of memory mapping check this thread :: T4-0-Memory-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-different-regions

There is an installed file with linker details :: ...\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\imxrt1062.ld

On above thread is imxrt-size source code for an executable to add to building that shows the allocation in the final HEX.

And this file has a few thousand lines of the register addresses and values as #define pulled out of the 3.5+K Refman :: ...\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\imxrt.h

There are some comments and the indicative names that AFAIK match the names in the RM - though not sure the page numbers in some comments aren't from earlier version of the manual since updated.

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    And this file has a few thousand lines of the register addresses and values as #define pulled out of the 3.5+K Refman :: ...\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\imxrt.h

There are some comments and the indicative names that AFAIK match the names in the RM - though not sure the page numbers in some comments aren't from earlier version of the manual since updated.
    At some point, would be great to take a pass through the source files and verify and if necessary update all of the comments to reference the section number (and/or page numbers) to be to the current IMXRT 1062 reference PDF. I believe a lot of them still reference the first version of the 1052 reference PDF.

Thanks for the reference. Curious that NXP doesn't provide the same level of detail for the registry summary as does Microchip for their ATmega328 chips. I guess at the end of the day the graphic format is less important than the actual register and pin ID so I'm sure I can get through it one way or the other.