Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: I'm sooo sorry to ask this question, but where do you put the teensy software?

I'm sooo sorry to ask this question, but where do you put the teensy software?

Hi everyone. I am BRAND NEW to Teensy, after blanking out my Arduino Uno. I have the latest version of Arduino IDE, and downloaded the Teensyduino installer. It asks where I want to put the files , and I can't activate the file uploader. The website says to store the installer files in the directory where Arduino is loaded, but I don't have that option. I'm running Windows 10, have a Teensy 3.2, installing 1.4.7. Any advice you could give would be enormously helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	where do I store this..PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	17677

On Windows 10 the 'Store' copy can be installed - but that does not prove useful. If that was used, uninstall it.

If the Arduino.cc ZIP or installer method was used ( one is needed ) and the release IDE 1.8.10 is in use then only the BETA TeensyDuino 1.48 ( currently Beta 1 ) will work.

That can be found HERE :: Teensyduino-1-48-Beta-1

Download that after IDE 1.8.10 is installed - keep track of where that IDE was placed.

Run the 1.48 beta 1 installer and point to the Arduino install directory and it should complete.

Then stay tuned as Beta 2 and following may release in coming days with updates as the Beta progresses for adjustments to the IDE and Teensy software are made

Awesome... Thank you so much! I know it was a rookie question, but I've been at this WAAY too long! Thank you again.