Touch screen advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there some demo code anywhere I can load that does graphics more than just fonts ?

I want to display 4 numbers and allow the end user to adjust them up and down with buttons

For these types of actions, it is better to use a TFT that allows you to use advanced graphics in any MCU you want to use. The best option is to select some 3.5 "or 4.3" FT813 screen, even the FT80x series could work.

I think teensy 4 can with any of them

I am looking for a touchscreen and a bluetooth solution to build a touchpad/controller

Ideally a screen and enclosure solution

When I had a project with similar needs I bought a few of the cheapest cell phones I could find. At that time it was ZTE Speed from boost mobile $40 each. I never activated them, don't even have service near my house. but WiFi direct, bluetooth, USB OTG, GPS, Compass, Accelerometer, Storage, camera, touchscreen, Charger, usb cable, battery is a lot for $40. Nice form factor. Android Studio is a well supported way to make a UI. If you have additional controls you need to mount like a joystick or buttons, buy a case for your phone, attach all of your extra stuff to it and snap in the phone. So much of the design work already done for you.

An Android phone/tablet makes a great basis for an app, but like you said they dont have switches or buttons and lack the tactile interface.

I need to download android studio and have a look

wow that is a gamechanger !

the code for the android gui config is stored in the teensy/arduino !

i have to have a play with this and will get a bluetooth module connected asap

I had a play with RemoteXY

from what i can see it works - but it is not very elegant

the web site build a wrapper for your code and then you place your code inside

the problem i can see if you can not make an independent file to load onto android and you have to use their app
on the support forum people are complaining the developer has gone awol

its neat - but not for me

I will keep looking to see if i can find something more suited to customisation

Hello everybody, Im planing to change my monitor and get a touch screen one but I use a Mac mini, does any one of you use a touch screen monitor with a mac?, does it work well?, which model ?, your opinions are very wellcome.
Thank all of you.

this forum is for the Teensy products

are you some kind of internet AI robot trying to get posts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back