Does Serial + Midi ≠ Class Compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting good news. Upgraded MIO-10's firmware and plugged in a T4.1 as Midix4 with just the blink sketch and IConfig sees 4 ports. YeeHaa, now we're makin' bacon!

I cannot say if upgrading the firmware fixed it or not so have no plans to roll it back, just move forward to a little rabbithole loopback testing and investigating what happens with T2.0 -T4.0 and then move on to using a Hub with a mix of Teensies.

Thanks for the tip dude, great news for the first day of 2021!

@MatrixRat, are you saying that your MIO-10 from iConnectivity DOES communicate MIDI with your Teensy when it is compiled for SERIAL + MIDI?
That was the fail point for me on my iConnectivity iConnectAudio4+ (and now also on a MiDiPLUS miniEngine Pro - a $50 Synth based on the dreamer synth chip).

Did a firmware update from iConectivity fix the Teensy SERIAL+MIDI issue?

In a word, no to Serial.

Updating the firmware of the MIO-10 enabled it's host to see a multi-cable usbMIDI Teensy, a Beatstep pro or a BCR-2000 although I don't ordinarily use the last two via usb. Currently running a T4 usb type - MIDIx4, sending Clock, controlled by CCs and Sysex. The MIO sees up to 10 Teensy MIDIx16 cables. Just tested usb Type Serial+MIDIx4 and the four cables are seen by the MIO but am not seeing F8s on each cable nor can I control it with Sysex or CCs like is supposed to happen, so connections break.

When I first got it working, I connected my Teensy LC based pedal controller (single cable) as well and the MIO did not cope with the mix. Don't have the time to wrestle with it so am re-thinking the setup. Can see a T4 with usbHUB hanging out of it's Host port acting as a usbMIDI device hub coming.. Gotta be cheaper timewise than buying a Beagle, irritating iConnectivity and pestering @Paul.

I can confirm: the MIO-XL can host the Teensy 4.0 with 4 virtual ports no problem, and even reprogramming works without hitting the physical programming switch. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back