Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Add more delay effect tabs

Add more delay effect tabs

Hello

I am working on a speaker project using a teensy 3.6. I have been using the Audio system design tool provided by PRJ, and I was wondering if there is anyway to increase the amount of tabs for one delay effect?

I have been looking in the teensy library at the effect_delay.h and .cpp files trying to figure out how the it works with very little progress..

I understand the principle using a circle buffer, the main thing I am asking is if it would be possible to add more tabs to one delay block? Each block currently has 8 tabs, my goal is to double that amount and have 16 tabs for each block

Thank you for your help!

You could just put two delay blocks together side-by-side and feed both with the same input. This would achieve the same thing, since the delay taps can be set to any delay time.

That is true, and that works just fine as you would imagine. But I am still looking to streamline this and it would b really cool to expand the delay effect.

So I am trying to have two inputs that I can delay seperatly, then mix them together and output via a TDM bus. I want the mixing and delay to happen in a single block, as far as I can see I will have to write my own delay function.

To add a second input will I have to use the AudioStream library? As far as I can tell by looking at the code, AudioStream is fairly crucial but I have a hard time figuring out how to manipulate it I guess.. :/

Adding more outputs to the delay effect can't be as simple as changing a few 8's to 16's.. can it?

I used the mixer block previously to mix my signals after they were delayed. I have not as of yet looked at the code for the mixer block but it seems trivial to implement a mixing functionality.

So as you can see I have 3 main components to this project, add a second input channel to the delay effect, double the amount of outputs on the delay effect and add a mixer to the 2 delayed signals. If anyone has any insights on this I would love to hear from you :-)