Teensyduino 1.48 Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@defragster

I have seen the same thing when I do a verbose compile. From reading the IDE release notes I think that is intentional with the latest IDE.

In relation to posts #78 and #99 in this thread, I thought I found a bug in the Arduino CLI or possibly the builder, which I reported here
I don't yet know the ultimate source of that bug. Because I was running Teensyduino 1.48 b1 at the time it may generate a few red herrings. Sorry about that. This post is just an effort to tie all the information together as I am no longer able to edit the previous posts.

@defragster

I have seen the same thing when I do a verbose compile. From reading the IDE release notes I think that is intentional with the latest IDE.

@Paul - others? Re message posted here : pjrc.com/threads/57701-USB-Host-Ethernet-Driver

Anyone seeing extra stuff rebuilding on Rebuild with IDE 1.8.10 and TD 1.48.b1?

Or added new messages or library during build::
Code:
Alternatives for USBHost_t36.h: [USBHost_t36@0.1]
ResolveLibrary(USBHost_t36.h)
  -> candidates: [USBHost_t36@0.1]

Or indications of "Multiple libraries" where there is only a single present and no 2nd indicated::
Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "ASIXEthernet.h"
 Used: T:\tCode\libraries\TeensyASIXEthernet

Indeed some fuzzy notes in change logs, they meant to do some changes - problem is indications are:

> Paul's "Multiple libraries were found" work is compromised to give annoying FALSE positives.

> No longer doing Fast Rebuild without redoing stable objects on each rebuild as the added logic is perhaps unclear on non-existent "Alternatives for …"

Hi all.

Just to confirm that T4 SPI is now working much better for me with the changes to the SPI pin drive strength in this beta. I am using a 1.8V SPI device through level translator and was experiencing some problems.

Thanks

NOTE: Today it looks like @Paul has/is releasing Beta2 and it should have these changes now built in.

Along with some other changes, like I believe the change to SPI to work with applications that did not use SPI.beginTransaction on T4...

NOTE: Today it looks like @Paul has/is releasing Beta2 and it should have these changes now built in.

Along with some other changes, like I believe the change to SPI to work with applications that did not use SPI.beginTransaction on T4...

Talking about SPI, I noticed the SPI page needs to be updated for Teensy 4.0:

I don't know if spi4teensy3 is still usefu fpr Teensy 3.x (this is listed on the SPI page)l. It was last updated 2+ years ago to support the T3.5/3.6.

Hey folks!
I got my teensy 4.0 hooked up to a rev C audio board. I followed the directions on the schematic page. I didn't hook up any of the Volume Pot, SD Card or Memory Chip wires, because I don't have any of those in use.

I am using arduino 1.8.10, with the teensyloader 1.48-beta1.

Things are working fine (not experiencing any audio clock jitter as far as I can tell) - however, I cannot get any audio code to work _unless_ I run analogRead during the setup function:
Code:
#include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioSynthWaveform       waveform1;      //xy=294,323
AudioEffectFreeverbStereo freeverbs1;     //xy=592,499
AudioOutputI2S           i2s1;           //xy=756,481
AudioConnection          patchCord1(waveform1, freeverbs1);
AudioConnection          patchCord2(freeverbs1, 0, i2s1, 0);
AudioConnection          patchCord3(freeverbs1, 1, i2s1, 1);
AudioControlSGTL5000     sgtl5000_1;     //xy=805,363
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

int count=1;
int a1history=0;

void setup() {
  // this is the offending line, and I'm not sure why it is necessary
  // it can be placed anywhere within setup, it doesn't seem to matter
  a1history = analogRead(A1);
  AudioMemory(10);
  Serial.begin(115200);
  sgtl5000_1.enable();
  sgtl5000_1.volume(0.3);
  waveform1.begin(WAVEFORM_SINE);
  delay(1000);
}

void loop() {
  Serial.print("Beep #");
  Serial.println(count);
  Serial.println(AudioProcessorUsageMax());
  AudioProcessorUsageMaxReset();

count = count + 1;
  waveform1.frequency(440);
  waveform1.amplitude(0.9);
  wait(250);
  waveform1.amplitude(0);
  wait(1750);
}

void wait(unsigned int milliseconds)
{
  delay(milliseconds);
}

I tested this with the guitar sample as well, and got the same results (no functioning unless I added analogRead).

When I don't include the analogRead line, and the audio isn't working, the serial monitor fails to work as well, and I can't write new programs without pressing the reset button.

attached shows my setup, which is admittedly a little rough, but just as long as everything is seated right, these results are reproducible.

teensyaudioIssue1.jpg
teensyaudioIssue2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back