Teensy 4.0 with arm-none-eabi-gcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoineZen

Hi teensyers,

For some prototyping I would like to use Teensy 4.0 witch embed an imxrt1062. I'm now used to program on this MCU and had made some code running on the eval-board (mimxr1060_evk from NXP). In this situation, I program without the Arduino IDE of course, but with a buch of Makefile and arm-none-eabi-gcc. Can I use the same toolchain on the Teensy ? I suppose yes, but should I add some headers for the Teensy to boot it ? Or just the NXP iMX standard header (IVT, bootdata, etc.. ) is fine. Any particular linker placement to use or standard (to iMX) is fine ?

Thanks to anyone that can share experience on this!

/Antoine

Yes, you can use the Toolchain of Teensyduino.
suggest to run arduino ide in verbose mode. it gives you all the gcc commands it is using. adapt then your own makefile.
If you work on Windows you can use VisualTeensy (search this forum) which will create for you a custom makefile with all the links to toolchain, libraries etc.
modify to your needs.
Important: if, later on, you wanted specific help from this forum, please try to stay as close as possible to Teensiduino, as that all of us are using.

Thansk for the tips VMXZ! I was not aware of the verbose mode of the Arduino IDE. Now with this it point me to the place where I can have all the info I needed, namely the hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4 folder. For the one going the same route as me, have a look specifically at the following files:
- Linker script: mxrt1062.ld
- NXP iMX's boot header data: bootdata.c
- Startup file: startup.c

Whit those file I can confirm that it goes the same way than on the NXP's devkit, no special stuff to the teensy loader or what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back