I'm sooo sorry to ask this question, but where do you put the teensy software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfix8r

Hi everyone. I am BRAND NEW to Teensy, after blanking out my Arduino Uno. I have the latest version of Arduino IDE, and downloaded the Teensyduino installer. It asks where I want to put the files , and I can't activate the file uploader. The website says to store the installer files in the directory where Arduino is loaded, but I don't have that option. I'm running Windows 10, have a Teensy 3.2, installing 1.4.7. Any advice you could give would be enormously helpful.

where do I store this..PNG

On Windows 10 the 'Store' copy can be installed - but that does not prove useful. If that was used, uninstall it.

If the Arduino.cc ZIP or installer method was used ( one is needed ) and the release IDE 1.8.10 is in use then only the BETA TeensyDuino 1.48 ( currently Beta 1 ) will work.

That can be found HERE :: Teensyduino-1-48-Beta-1

Download that after IDE 1.8.10 is installed - keep track of where that IDE was placed.

Run the 1.48 beta 1 installer and point to the Arduino install directory and it should complete.

Then stay tuned as Beta 2 and following may release in coming days with updates as the Beta progresses for adjustments to the IDE and Teensy software are made

Awesome... Thank you so much! I know it was a rookie question, but I've been at this WAAY too long! Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back