Question on Midi Thru

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanceFire

Hi there,

I am currently working on a Midi-Merge project based on Teensy 3.2 (and later planned to go to Teensy 4.0 as it has many more serial interfaces).
The prototype according https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/55800-Multiple-MIDI-Serial-Inputs already works great.

However - I have a question: Is it possible to disable the internal Midi-Thru on the Serial Interface?
Currently any Midi-In on f.e. Serial1 is automatically reflected as Midi-Out at Serial1.
But what if I'd like to have a routing from Midi-In at Serial1 and a Midi-Out at Serial2 - but no Midi-Out at Serial1?

I have thought of using external components (analog switches / multiplexers), which should certainly work, but if I could do this just in software, it would be fantastic, more flexible and even cheaper.

Thanks a lot for any help on this
DanceFire

Is it possible to disable the internal Midi-Thru on the Serial Interface?

I'm guessing you're using the MIDI library by including MIDI.h, right?

That library provides a turnThruOff() function. So if you've created an instance named MIDI1, you'd just put MIDI1.turnThruOff() in your program.

If you're not using that library, please be more specific about what code you're using that's providing the "Thru" feature.

[SOLVED] Question on Midi Thru

I'm guessing you're using the MIDI library by including MIDI.h, right?

That library provides a turnThruOff() function. So if you've created an instance named MIDI1, you'd just put MIDI1.turnThruOff() in your program.

If you're not using that library, please be more specific about what code you're using that's providing the "Thru" feature.

Wow - many thanks you for your quick response - This solution will save me a lot of time!

best regards
DanceFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back