Teensy 4.0 ft 800/811

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawelg27

Hello, I am new here if anyone managed to run on teensy 4.0 display ft 800 or 811 If so, please help because I could not do it

Look, we have a forum rule on top of each page here: "Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!"

That means that as long as we do not know how you wired your display and which code you tried to use to drive the display, perhaps using a third party library, we can not help you besides unproductive and time consuming guessing around.

It's up to you to give us more details, now!

just asking if anyone managed to run. If so, I would like to ask for information about the library and connection instructions. The usual "hello World" is enough.

Sorry, but as suggested, some of us may not know what display this is? And what library are you using for it...
Does this library have Teensy 3.x support?

Again might help if at least you did something like a link to which display you have or are wondering about. Likewise which driver library?

Gamedunio3 has FT810 chipset

The Gamedunio 3 & 3X consoles have a FT810 in them, and the previous Gamedunio 2 had a FT800. While I bought a Gamedunio 3, I haven't used it much, particularly with Teensy 4.0. But I got a message on the GD mailing list that a new version of the library (1.2.1) now specifically supports the Teensy 4.0:

Whether some other board with a FT800 or FT810 works, I don't know.

Last edited:
You may be able to connect your TFT to teensy 4 using the latest version of the library for gameduino 23X, using a CD4050BE on the SPI lines of the screen

I think it could be used. Why don't you try, and share us as it was. Remember to check the wiring of the gameduino 2, 3 or 3X.

The FT80X series should respond with the library for gameduino 23X.

on cd 4050 also doesn't work.
If anyone runs ft880 or ft811 on teensy 4.0
I'd like a description of how he got it. (connections and libraries)

on cd 4050 also doesn't work.
If anyone runs ft880 or ft811 on teensy 4.0
I'd like a description of how he got it. (connections and libraries)

teensy4--------------cd4050-------------ft800/811
cs pin10----------pin09>pin08--------------sc
MOSI pin11------pin07>pin06-------------MOSI
MISO pin12------pin05>pin04-------------MISO
SCKpin13--------pin03>pin02-------------sck
3v-------------- pin01
gnd---------------gnd
5v------------------------------------------5v
gnd----------------------------------------gnd
I don't know where to connect----------int
I don't know where to connect----------pd

It does not work

Works ft811 with the GD23_T4 library without converters. NO!!!! CD4050 NO!!! CD4049
mosi <> mosi
miso <> miso
SCK <> SCK
cs <> cs
int <> pin4
pd <> pin3
Thank you all for your help.

When I worked on the configuration of GD23_T4, I followed the comments expressed here in the forum. I still don't have a Teensy 4 to test its operation.
Upload some photos of your arrangement, so I will have an idea of ​​how teensy 4 works with full power.

It was only a theoretical approach, based on the comments I followed in the forum regarding the operation of the Teensy 4 SPI bus.

The next step is to get a pair of these fantastic chips to adjust the playback of assets, images and audio. and video files, using the SdFat beta library that Greiman recently shared with us.

1. it does not always start. You must turn the power on and off before it starts properly.
2. in the GD_23.h file, change #define FT_811_ENABLE 0 > #define FT_811_ENABLE 1
3,The touch panel works perfectly

20190927_163450.jpg

20190927_163455.jpg

The PD pin, which you connect to pin3, is the POR pin, you must define it in this line:

#define POR_PIN 3 // POWER ON RESET SCREEN

The fault that you report of random ignition could be corrected by connecting a 10K resistor in 3.3V pullup mode, in the TFT lines: MISO, MOSI and SCK

Great. Please share more photos of your functioning screen. I was very curious!

PS: I hope to get a teensy 4 soon to try the GD23_T4 library, with a pair of NHD FT813 and apply with the implementation of the SdFat beta library.

Tomorrow I would like to take more photos that interest you, just write. What the library should be about, it works fine and without any converters or resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back