Accurate Timestamp On T4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kelly

I'm testing out TimeLib.h for getting an accurate (us) timestamp on sensor readings. I'm able to run the TimeTeensy3 example just fine, but not seeing how I use TimeLib to get a us-level timestamp. I suppose I could use micro() somehow and try to line that up with every one-second interval, but seems like there's probably an easier way.

P.S. I searched the forum and didn't see this explicitly. Apologize if I missed this if it's already been addressed.

Update:
Got a 1sec RTC interrupt timer working (derived from code posted in the forum). So I just need to add my own uSec sub-timer. But am still surprised there's not a lib out there that allows us to easily (precisely) timestamp an incoming sensor reading. If someone has seen one, I'd appreciate a link!

although most of the T4 RTC example sketches just return seconds. The T4 RTC registers (2 32-bit registers) actually count 32768 ticks, so you could get sub-second values at a precision of 1/32768. of course if you don't need time-of-day values, micros() will give you microsecond resolution timestamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back