Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Accurate Timestamp On T4.0

Accurate Timestamp On T4.0

I'm testing out TimeLib.h for getting an accurate (us) timestamp on sensor readings. I'm able to run the TimeTeensy3 example just fine, but not seeing how I use TimeLib to get a us-level timestamp. I suppose I could use micro() somehow and try to line that up with every one-second interval, but seems like there's probably an easier way.

P.S. I searched the forum and didn't see this explicitly. Apologize if I missed this if it's already been addressed.

Update:
    Got a 1sec RTC interrupt timer working (derived from code posted in the forum). So I just need to add my own uSec sub-timer. But am still surprised there's not a lib out there that allows us to easily (precisely) timestamp an incoming sensor reading. If someone has seen one, I'd appreciate a link!

although most of the T4 RTC example sketches just return seconds. The T4 RTC registers (2 32-bit registers) actually count 32768 ticks, so you could get sub-second values at a precision of 1/32768. of course if you don't need time-of-day values, micros() will give you microsecond resolution timestamps.

manitou, thanks. Yes, I'm aware of micros(), but need it relative to time of day. I searched for RTC registers on the forum and found this link:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/53372...=RTC+registers

Thinking it has some really good ideas, but will take me awhile to digest!