Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Future Teensy features & pinout

I had signed up with NXP in order to get the 1062 datasheet before Paul made it available on PJRC.COM. I just got mail that NXP's buyout of Marvell is nearly complete (evidently it will be complete on December 6th). Now, this was originally announced in May, but I didn't see it then.

I'm sure Paul can't comment at the moment due to NDAs and such, but I can imagine some Teensy users would like it if there was a variant of the 1170 that included wifi and bluetooth that Marvell might provide.

this board has a great layout as a development board - you could get lots of new users involved in Teensy if we had something like this

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4YQAA...Ts/s-l1600.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	18343

I think NXP has benchmarks using different types QSPI, HyperRAM, HyperFlash for code and data. For code, I think it would be better to use HyperFlash over QSPI, with a 1Ghz processor, the more bandwidth the better. Yes, there is ITCM and internal RAM, but why waste the RAM when HyperFlash is about 2.5x faster?