Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.0 Low Power

Teensy 4.0 Low Power

Hi All, just wanted to gauge the priority of low power operation of the Teeny 4.0? I have worked on it for Snooze off and on for a bit now and it's not exactly an easy thing to implement since it is much different than Kinetis M micro's (T3x/LC). So post here if you need this and if enough people want it I will work on it now. Also if anyone wants to help please do and follow-up on this thread.

Dear duff, thank you for your Snooze library. T4 is currently useless to me compared to T3.5/6 because of the vastly inferior 24mhz power consumption vs the T3.5/6 at 24mhz. It isn't even the same: it is actually worse than T3.5/6, when the processor datasheets' indications of mhz v. ma would have you believe it should be better (actually, vastly better).

I am holding off on further T4 purchases until I can get a power optimization, not a power worsening, from it compared to T3.5/6. See this thread for further info:
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/57450...compared-to-3x

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Hi All, just wanted to gauge the priority of low power operation of the Teeny 4.0? I have worked on it for Snooze off and on for a bit now and it's not exactly an easy thing to implement since it is much different than Kinetis M micro's (T3x/LC). So post here if you need this and if enough people want it I will work on it now. Also if anyone wants to help please do and follow-up on this thread.
    your Snooze library is fantastic!

it will certainly be welcome when it happens for Teensy4. i have been compiling and running on Teensy4 for 3 weeks now and have become at least a little
    familiar with it. have been using Teensylc and Teensy3.6 and Arduino and Teensyduino for not quite 3 years. i am not a real programmer but have been doing
    assembly and c for embedded for several decades as a circuit designer and hack programmer and i have a complete test equipment bench. i have a small
    collection of Teensylc and Teensy3.6 programs that use the Snooze library to go slow or hibernate that i could compile, run, and test (or send to you).

please let me know if i can be of help.

Ok I'll work on this again, it's going to be a slow slog though, there are so many things with the M7 processor that you have consider that you didn't in the arm M0/M4!

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Ok I'll work on this again, it's going to be a slow slog though, there are so many things with the M7 processor that you have consider that you didn't in the arm M0/M4!
    when you say this just after my post it makes me feel guilty!