USB Type Audio for Teensy 4 doesn't Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayShoe

The only option in the Board Type menu for the Teensy 4 in both the current and beta versions is Serial. I don't see an option for Audio. Please excuse me if this is a trivial question. I appreciate the help!

Currently the only supported usb types are serial and rawHID is coming next and I believe it’s there in the new beta version, but just for testing right now. Other usb types are in the works, but some more pressing issues are being worked out first before Paul continues to bring over all the types that previous Teensy’s already support.

Thank you. I understand. So then how is anyone running audio based sketches on the audio board or otherwise? Let's say ToneWaveSweep? It errors on compile.

So then how is anyone running audio based sketches on the audio board or otherwise?

Only the USB input & output depend on USB audio type. Everything else in the audio library works fine. Well, almost everything. A few of the other input and output hardware options are not yet working on Teensy 4.0.

Some, like DAC output, will never be supported on Teensy 4.0 because the board lacks that specific hardware.

I2S input & output work great. All the non I/O features, which are purely a matter of math on digital audio samples, are all working.

Let's say ToneWaveSweep? It errors on compile.

Maybe you meant File > Examples > Audio > HardwareTesting > ToneSweep? It compiles without error. I ran it just now on a Teensy 4.0 and the "Rev D" audio shield. Works fine.

If you meant some other program, please be more specific. Maybe give a link to the code, or provide a copy of it here.

Only the USB input & output depend on USB audio type. Everything else in the audio library works fine. Well, almost everything. A few of the other input and output hardware options are not yet working on Teensy 4.0.

Some, like DAC output, will never be supported on Teensy 4.0 because the board lacks that specific hardware.

I2S input & output work great. All the non I/O features, which are purely a matter of math on digital audio samples, are all working.

Maybe you meant File > Examples > Audio > HardwareTesting > ToneSweep? It compiles without error. I ran it just now on a Teensy 4.0 and the "Rev D" audio shield. Works fine.

If you meant some other program, please be more specific. Maybe give a link to the code, or provide a copy of it here.

Hello Paul, you have done great job with Teensy, I love it. I was working on Teensy 3.2 but now I just bought Teensy 4 with audio shield 4, because the project that I want to create has Granular and Freverb objects that both of them require plenty of memory that Teensy 4 has, but I want to use it both with usb input-output and also with I2S input-output . I was wondering when the usb Audio type option is going to be ready ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back