Is there a way to isolate/swap/boost just the left or right channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I was wanting to test a setup with stereo speakers. I wanted to use the mono ToneSweep, but instead direct to each speaker (i.e. do a run with ToneSweep on the left channel and then do a run on the right channel). This is so I could test whether I had each speaker connected properly. I could imagine also wanting to mix or amplify the individual separately. I pulled up the Audio Tool but I didn't see any methods to do that. The mixer and amplify tools didn't seem to have methods to just use the right channel or left channel. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a function to isolate and/or mix the left/right channels? :confused:

Screenshot from 2019-10-06 18-07-48.png
Hi,

This should work, you only need to set the mixer-values to get the signal more/less on right/left.

regards
Cor

Hi,

This should work, you only need to set the mixer-values to get the signal more/less on right/left.

regards
Cor

Thanks. I guess I didn't notice the two separate inputs on i2s1. I'll try it out tonight when I get back into hacking Teensys.

Yes it works. I thought the I2S objects were always stereo, and they are just mono streams (with some inputs producing two mono streams, and some outputs taking two mono streams).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back