PC time sync from Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddano007

Hi, I`m reading with Teensy 3.2 time protocol from Time server via serial line , and want to send received date/ time to PC via RS422. The best will be to emmulate with Teensy some some standard protocol, which is PC able to automatic synchronise time with.
I find lot of programs, how to sync Arduino time from PC, but nothing like I need: how to sync PC time from Arduino.
Can somebody help me with some useful links?

Hi, I`m reading with Teensy 3.2 time protocol from Time server via serial line , and want to send received date/ time to PC via RS422. The best will be to emmulate with Teensy some some standard protocol, which is PC able to automatic synchronise time with.
I find lot of programs, how to sync Arduino time from PC, but nothing like I need: how to sync PC time from Arduino.
Can somebody help me with some useful links?

Have you checked this yet?
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Time.html

Maybe there's a way to adapt some of these methods to what you need:)

Thanks for tips, I`m going to check it, however it`s seems to be Teensy`s synchro with external source and I need opposite way...

The only way I can think of would be to setup a NTP server with the Teensy, I don't think the current Ethernet library has any examples of this, just an NTP client. It would depend on your OS but I don't know if any OS has a way for a program to set the system time besides telling the time to sync with an NTP server.

OK, I found nothing useful for me, so I`m sending simple time string and in PC will be a program reading this and synchronize the time.
However thanks for You comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back