Teensy 4.0 audio shield roll out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I was browsing all 3 electronics candy stores (Adafruit, Sparkfun, and Digikey). I noticed that the Teensy 4.0 version of the Audio Shield hasn't made it to Adafruit or Sparkfun yet (Digikey gets their supply from both). I was actually looking to buy something from Digikey and combine shipping, but instead I went with PJRC.com directly.

It looks like Adafruit is getting prepared for the new audio shield, in that they've changed the title to be "Audio Adapter Board for 3.0 - 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6" while Sparkfun still has the "Teensy Audio Adapter Board" as the title. I hope they get the stock soon, and that Sparkfun changes their title to avoid confusion.

Well, Adafruit finally has the audio shield for Teensy 4.0 available as a separate part number from the version for 3.x.

Sparkfun has not yet changed their web page to indicate the audio shield they sell is only Teensy 3.x. We'll see this Friday (when they do the new product announcements) if they also sell it. I would prefer the resellers to have both, and to clearly label them, so that there is no confusion. It is easier if we don't have to explain how to rewire the board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back