Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4 PDM Audio Input

Teensy 4 PDM Audio Input

Hi all,

I'm trying to interface a PDM microphone with T4, using the Audio System Design Tool.
    I linked the PDM input with the 'queue' class. The resulting code compiles for T3.6, but for T4 it produces an error.

Here's the code:
    Code:
    #include <Audio.h>
    #include <Wire.h>
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <SD.h>
    #include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
    AudioInputPDM            pdm1;           //xy=109,145
    AudioRecordQueue         queue1;         //xy=273,143
    AudioConnection          patchCord1(pdm1, queue1);
    // GUItool: end automatically generated code

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}
    And here's the error:

C:\...\Temp\arduino_build_881909\sketch\MicTest.in o.cpp.o: In function `AudioInputPDM::AudioInputPDM()':

C:\...\arduino-1.8.10\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio/input_pdm.h:37: undefined reference to `AudioInputPDM::begin()'

C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881909\ske tch\MicTest.ino.cpp.o: In function `AudioStream::AudioStream(unsigned char, audio_block_struct**)':

C:\...\arduino-1.8.10\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4/AudioStream.h:130: undefined reference to `vtable for AudioInputPDM'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm using Arduino 1.8.10 and Teensyduino 1.48.
    Is PDM support not yet available on T4? Or do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks!

Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanworks View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to interface a PDM microphone with T4, using the Audio System Design Tool.
    I linked the PDM input with the 'queue' class. The resulting code compiles for T3.6, but for T4 it produces an error.

Here's the code:
    Code:
    #include <Audio.h>
    #include <Wire.h>
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <SD.h>
    #include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
    AudioInputPDM            pdm1;           //xy=109,145
    AudioRecordQueue         queue1;         //xy=273,143
    AudioConnection          patchCord1(pdm1, queue1);
    // GUItool: end automatically generated code

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}
    And here's the error:

C:\...\Temp\arduino_build_881909\sketch\MicTest.in o.cpp.o: In function `AudioInputPDM::AudioInputPDM()':

C:\...\arduino-1.8.10\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio/input_pdm.h:37: undefined reference to `AudioInputPDM::begin()'

C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881909\ske tch\MicTest.ino.cpp.o: In function `AudioStream::AudioStream(unsigned char, audio_block_struct**)':

C:\...\arduino-1.8.10\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4/AudioStream.h:130: undefined reference to `vtable for AudioInputPDM'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm using Arduino 1.8.10 and Teensyduino 1.48.
    Is PDM support not yet available on T4? Or do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks!

My apologies for reviving this topic. Did you have any luck with Teensy 4.0 and the PDM library support?

I am currently working on a project that involves a PDM preamplifier and I am a bit lost due to the lack of info regarding the connections and library usage.

Cheers

dzalf