Tennsy 3.2/ 4.0 programming with USB to Serial adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teensy can only be programmed through the USB Micro connector - or {for T_3.2} the equivalent USB pins connected on the underside. There is no mapping through UART Serial or other way to program a Teensy through the bootloader chip.

There are on the forum links to a USB connector board from OSHPark that will allow soldering those bottom pads. Link might be way to search and find or somebody with the link handy might drop it here.

Oh, thanks, I didn`t find that thread. If D+/ D- on bottom side are not for USB Host, I will try to solder Mini USB connector there ( sincerely , I don`t like Micro USB, but what to do :rolleyes: )

T_3.2 does not have USB Host - those are the device pins.

The newer Teensy's have connect board pins to hold connector better. Indeed it is not the best design … but it was the standard …

Technically a Teensy 3.2 can be a USB host but with only one USB port you are limited to what you can do, the USB micro is OTG capable and I know someone did some work for the host support, but it’s not built into Teensyduino and no one really uses it.

I found this:
https://github.com/macaba/Teensy-3.2-USB
That`s super solution!
But on Teensy 4.0 ( I`m going to test it ) bottom pads D+/ D- are USB host, so cannot be used for programing, right?

Yes, that is one of the OSH PCB's that can be used to fix a lost USB micro for T_3.2 and similar.

Those Teensy 4.0 bottom pads are connected to a secondary USB engine in the MCU, they cannot be used to program - but that isn't the T_3.2 issue at hand. The T_4 pads make great Host connect but they are not laid out exactly the same - and direct connect without power control hardware like on T_3.6 at a minimum may not work well depending on what is plugged in and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back