Canbus with Teensy 3.2/4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticsDolphin

Hello!

I am new to using teensy and need to communicate over canbus between several teensys for a project. For the sake of simplicity I am starting by just trying to send a short message from one teensy to another. I am currently using the following CAN bus chips: https://copperhilltech.com/can-bus-mini-breakout-board/. I have found good resources for wiring, but am struggling to work through the code. I am trying to use the flexcan library and have found example code to receive a message but am struggling as to how to send a message. Does anyone have any good resources/tutorials I should look into?

Additionally, I have access to either Teensy 3.2 or 4.0s. Someone told me that a new feature of the Teensy 4.0 was that you did not need an additional can bus break out board to send/receive messages. Is that accurate? I could not find documentation to support that claim.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Also - give a look on the forum for Teensy specific tested/developed CAN libraries.

This one is now well evolved :: FlexCAN_T4-FlexCAN-for-Teensy-4

Reading/following that thread and working with it should lead to a useful solution or enough information to get a good answer and perhaps offer testing help to get it working.

@tonton81 also just posted that he updated the FlexCAN_t4 library to work on the T3.x's. So would suggest you start with that library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back