Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 3.2 MicroUSB plug fell out

Teensy 3.2 MicroUSB plug fell out

I recently purchased boards but have not yet had a chance to install it into my Virtual Pinball cabinet. The only thing I have done with it so far is soldered the pinned Teensy 3.2 to the OctoWS2811 Adaptor. When I went to install it into my virtual pinball cabinet the Micro USB connector plug fell off the board. I would ask to return it, but I am on a deadline to bring my cabinet to the Pinball Expo in Chicago this upcoming week. So I was wondering if there is some kind of way to directly wire the USB connector into the board its self? Or is this at a point where it is to damaged to use? Please let me know. Thank you.

Yes, there is - this was posted in recent days and the link should still be near the top.

this thread just two days old has links :: programming-with-USB-to-Serial-adapter

Thanks. I'll look this over. Really appreciate the quick response.

Take it to a local electronics / tv repair shop. They should have a rework Station and reattach it If the pads are not damaged etc.

Not sure if this OSH board was in the linked page: oshpark.com/shared Teensy 3.2 USB v2

It wouldn't arrive quickly - but should provide a good fix in the end.

I have one here from an order I placed - it is the prior V1 version - has a wire trace around the edge that would need to be knocked off. Even US Pri mail would take a couple days - for a few bucks. PM if it looks like best solution. Would also take the proper USB connector