Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.0 - where is USB Type: *+*+Joystick?

Teensy 4.0 - where is USB Type: *+*+Joystick?

Hello,

Just received my Teensy(ies) 4.0.

I can't see the option on the Arduino IDE to have the USB Type: *+*+Joystick
    I get that with the Teensy 3.2
    How can I enable the Teensy 4.0 as a Joystick?
    The project I am working one needs the Teensy 4.0 to show as a Joystick on a Linux machine.

Thank you,
    -Jack

Asked with answers to be found on other threads:: This is a Work in progress.

New work is underway to get added support and filtering into github as it progresses … best case would be new beta in coming weeks … and that may not be a complete update for all elements.

The Teensy 4 runs USB at 480 Mbits not 12 and the hardware involved is a whole different unit from that in T_3.6 and prior units - so new elements to understand and happening 40 times faster ...

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    Asked with answers to be found on other threads:: This is a Work in progress.

New work is underway to get added support and filtering into github as it progresses best case would be new beta in coming weeks and that may not be a complete update for all elements.

The Teensy 4 runs USB at 480 Mbits not 12 and the hardware involved is a whole different unit from that in T_3.6 and prior units - so new elements to understand and happening 40 times faster ...
    Roger that.
    Just in case you are wondering, I searched first Teensy 4.0 Joystick.
    I may not have used the right keywords ;-)

I appreciate the reply and so fast!

THANK YOU,
    -Jack