Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Need help choosing the correct battery

Need help choosing the correct battery

Hi

I need to choose a battery for my Teensy3.6-Waeable-Project.

Here is some criteria that it needs to have:

1) as small as possible
    2) long duration and much power
    2) need to be re-chargeable

.. nice to have would be

3) waterproof

.. as it comes to "2) long duration and much power" .. I can say thay I need to power

- one T 3.6
    - up to three small OLED-Screens (maybe like those here: https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/...SABEgJD1fD_BwE)
    - five WS2812-RGB-LEDs
    - a Co2-Sensor
    - a temperature-sensor
    - a hearbeat-sensor
    - maybe some more sensors

I have found some batterys but I don't know which to choose, maybe has experience with those and could help me?

.. I also think about simply connect a rechargeable 9V-Block.. but I also think about this guy here:
    https://www.conrad.de/de/p/raspberry...70211499!!!g!!

If you have nothing higher than give volts best option is probably a 5V battery bank. They will not be optimal but they come in many sizes/shapes and bypass challenges over getting all the parts to match together. If you have a sleep mode on the wearable the better designed ones will detect the low load and shut down, if this becomes a problem either find a cheaper version or program the code to very briefly blink the LEDs to reset the load monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinWrangler View Post
    If you have nothing higher than give volts best option is probably a 5V battery bank. They will not be optimal but they come in many sizes/shapes and bypass challenges over getting all the parts to match together. If you have a sleep mode on the wearable the better designed ones will detect the low load and shut down, if this becomes a problem either find a cheaper version or program the code to very briefly blink the LEDs to reset the load monitoring.
    good point, thank you.