Teensy 3.5 Stand-Alone Loader

aiw

Utilized QT, python and cx_freeze to produce a stand alone loader for a teensy 3.5 in a fielded application. Not everyone would have access to Arduino and teensyduino so I made this loader access a batch file that calls the teensy_loader_cli.

CCOOP is a cellular device that connects to NWS Cooperative Observer Equipment. It consists of a breakout board for a Teensy 3.5 that acts as the datalogger for the project and an ESP32 that provides the TLS1.2 MQTT functionality via WiFi hotspot from Verizon 8800L Jetpack.

Capture2.PNG

Not everyone would have access to Arduino and teensyduino so I made this loader access a batch file that calls the teensy_loader_cli.
You only need to distribute teensy.exe to upload hex file.
No Arduino or Teensyduino required

Yes, but I wanted to include some other instructions. Also, the folks doing the update weren't always going to be "technically proficient" so I wanted to make it as easy as possible with pictures and a couple of buttons. No file lookups, correct picture of device, etc..

Yes, but I wanted to include some other instructions. Also, the folks doing the update weren't always going to be "technically proficient" so I wanted to make it as easy as possible with pictures and a couple of buttons. No file lookups, correct picture of device, etc..

It cannot be easier than with Teensy.exe. only two buttons to click, and one file to select.
(are you really saying, that you let someone update a MCU with a new firmware, who is not capable of selecting a file using file-selection tool?)

Back