Teensy 4 On/Off pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenhorner

Gang...

As I don't see a Reset pin on the "T4" pin layout, am I to assume that the On/Off pin, switching the 3v supply essentially performs the same function? I want to swap it in for a T 3.2 model in a construct where the Reset line resets several other logic elements including the 3.2 CPU.

Gang...

As I don't see a Reset pin on the "T4" pin layout, am I to assume that the On/Off pin, switching the 3v supply essentially performs the same function? I want to swap it in for a T 3.2 model in a construct where the Reset line resets several other logic elements including the 3.2 CPU.

The on/off switch is not really a reset switch. A real reset switch will instantly restart the processor once you connect it to ground.

On the Teensy 4.0, if you connect the on/off pin to ground for about 5 seconds, it will turn off the Teensy (other than real time clock parts if you have the 3v battery attached to Vbattery). Assuming the Teensy still has power, if you disconnect the on/off pin from ground, and then reconnect it for about a second, the Teensy will power itself on.

If you power the real time clock with a 3v battery, it will remember the on/off state across loss of power. Otherwise, the Teensy will come up immediately if it gets power again if the real time clock wasn't powered and you had used the on/off switch to turn off the main power.

IIRC, Paul said the reset pin and the JTAG pins could not be brought out to the 39 pins that are brought out currently.

IIRC, Paul said the reset pin and the JTAG pins could not be brought out to the 39 pins that are brought out currently.

There was a recent note by Paul - the reset implementation for the 1062 IIRC was non-trivial and interfered with the bootloader MCU process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back