RA8875 Library with Teensy 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDDyer

Teensy 4.0 doesn't work with RA8875 Library

I'm thinking my question may have already been discussed and solved, but my searches on the Forum has so far been in vain. Please point me at the answer if it's already here.

Up to now my Teensy of choice has been the 3.2. Currently I'm using it with an Adafruit RA8875 breakout board with their 5" 480X800 TFT with resistive touch screen. I've been playing with the example programs, and both the graphics and text examples work perfectly with the 3.2.

Now I want to move to the Teensy 4.0.

When I try to compile the "basicTextFunctions" example with the "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1" board selected, it compiles, downloads and runs fine. However, when I change ONLY the board selected to the Teensy 4.0, I get the following compile errors:
-------------------------------------------------
Compiling sketch...
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/precompile_helper" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr/cores/teensy4" "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -x c++-header -O2 -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -std=gnu++14 -fno-exceptions -fpermissive -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -felide-constructors -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -D__IMXRT1062__ -DTEENSYDUINO=148 -DARDUINO=10810 -DF_CPU=600000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr/cores/teensy4" "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357/pch/Arduino.h" -o "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357/pch/Arduino.h.gch"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_338357\pch\Arduino.h.gch

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O2 -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -std=gnu++14 -fno-exceptions -fpermissive -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -felide-constructors -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -D__IMXRT1062__ -DTEENSYDUINO=148 -DARDUINO=10810 -DF_CPU=600000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357/pch" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy4" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\libraries\\SPI" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\libraries\\RA8875" "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357\\sketch\\basicTextFunctions.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357\\sketch\\basicTextFunctions.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling library "SPI"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_338357\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp.o
Compiling library "RA8875"
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O2 -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -std=gnu++14 -fno-exceptions -fpermissive -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -felide-constructors -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -D__IMXRT1062__ -DTEENSYDUINO=148 -DARDUINO=10810 -DF_CPU=600000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357/pch" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy4" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\libraries\\SPI" "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\libraries\\RA8875" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\libraries\\RA8875\\RA8875.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_338357\\libraries\\RA8875\\RA8875.cpp.o"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\RA8875\RA8875.cpp: In member function 'void RA8875::begin(RA8875sizes, uint8_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\RA8875\RA8875.cpp:408:11: error: cannot convert 'volatile uint32_t* {aka volatile long unsigned int*}' to 'volatile uint8_t* {aka volatile unsigned char*}' in assignment

csport = portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(_cs));//pinMode(_cs, OUTPUT);

^

Multiple libraries were found for "RA8875.h"
Used: C:\Program
Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
Used: C:\Program
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files
Using library RA8875 at version 0.69.65 in folder: C:\Program Files
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.
-------------------------------------------------
(By the way, the lines at the end: "Used: C:\Program" should have "Files (x86) ... " after it, but the line cuts off after the first space in the directory name.)

I've gone through my drive, and I've deleted the one duplicate library directory that I found, but to no avail. I'm running Windows10-64bit and the Arduino 1.8.10 IDE with version 1.48 of Teensyduino. I have also downloaded and installed the Zip version 0.70 of the RA8875 library, but so far the compiler doesn't seem to be interested in the newer version of the library when compiling for either the 3.2 or the 4.0.

I tried using the Adafruit_RA8875 library instead, but I get WAY MORE and different errors when I try to compile. I can however compile, download and run the "Blink" example program on the Teensy 4.0 without a problem, but not anything that tries to use the RA8875 library.

What am I doing wrong? Did I not set something correctly for compilation or linking? Do I have a problem in my directory structure? If this is solved already, and I didn't see it, I apologize. Just point me at the answer. I didn't find any reference to the RA8875 in the Teensyduino release topic either.

Thanks.

RDD

Last edited:
Thanks for the rapid responses. I'll check this stuff out, but I also suspect that I may have some errant files and/or directories on my system.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back