Teensyduino 1.48 does not create HID devices

Maes2ro

I've just updated my various development PC's to Arduino 1.8.10 and Teensyduino 1.48, and find that I can no longer create HID devices. I'm looking specifically at anything with a joystick in it. This was working fine for me up until the update.

As an example of what is happening, I have just tried to load a program to a 3.6 that had previously been used so it already had a com port (7 in this case). the program apparently compiled OK and also seemed to upload OK, however no HID device was created in windows, and if I look in the IDE, the serial port is no longer there and I am back to a similar identifier as with a new device. Screenshots 1 & 2 attached show this.

I tried again with 'Everything' and while it appeared to make a port, nothing appeared in windows.

I tried again with Serial, Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick and got the a similar result see screenshots 4 & 5.

I have had occasions where a device does appear in windows, but it is at the bottom of the devices panel, and is permanently labelled as 'configuring device'

I done the update on 3 of my 4 regular PC's and get the same result on all of them.

I've attached the source code for the program I was trying to use.

Any thoughts would be welcome, before I uninstall and try to go back to the previous version.

Screenshot 1 Keyboard-Mouse-Joystick.jpgScreenshot 2 KMJ Devices view.jpgScreenshot3 everything.jpgScreenshot 4 Serial Mouse Keyboard Joystick.jpgScreenshot 5 SMKJ Devices view.jpg

Attachments

• CYCLOPS3_v1.ino
    4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back