Interfacing 32Fs I2S CODEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfvalvo

Hi All.

I’m thinking about interfacing Adafruit’s MP3 CODEC Breakout to the I2S Input of T3.X boards and the Teensy Audio Library.

This breakout uses the VS1053B from VSLI Solution. Even though the datasheet doesn’t come right out and say it, further searching revealed that this chip only supports 32Fs I2S. I know the Audio Library has been updated to 64Fs I2S. So, I’ll need to make custom versions of the I2S Input / Output classes. It’s ironic since a few years ago (when the Audio Library used 32Fs I2S) I needed to interface a 64Fs I2S Optical SPDIF-->I2S CODEC. So, I created custom 64Fs I2S Input / Output classes for that. Now I need to go the other way.

I have no problem creating custom Audio classes for my own use that will accomplish this. But, I’m wondering if there’s a better way that could be used by others who want to interface similar devices. Do the old 32Fs classes still exist “hidden” in the library? Would it be worthwhile to create classes that support either rate?

Just wondering what the most useful route would be before I jump in and start coding.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back