Aref pin on Teensy 3.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert62

Hello,

I want to connect a voltage reference chip to the Teensy 3.6 to get accurate measurements from the ADC.

Can the Aref pin take more than 3.3V or is it also limited to 3.3V like all other pins?

For setting the Aref to internal reference, it is written in the ADC library to use ADC_REFERENCE::REF_3V3 or ADC_REFERENCE::REF_1V2. Does this apply to the Teens 3.6 as well?

So for setting to external reference, I just use ADC_REFERENCE::REF_EXT, right?

In the schematics, it is shown that Aref is already connected to 3.3V, so does that mean I have to remove the 470Ohm resistor if I want to use an external reference chip?

Thanks in advance.

I will have the same problem.
I tryed to use the internal tempSensor for regulating the temperatur on the chip, so i cold use the internal reference. But the use of the internal sensor doubles my isr, because the only working way reading the sensor is the blocking methode analogRead().
So i have to use a Ref43 with its own tempSensor an an analog regulater. And i have to connect it to Aref....

Hello,

I want to connect a voltage reference chip to the Teensy 3.6 to get accurate measurements from the ADC.

Can the Aref pin take more than 3.3V or is it also limited to 3.3V like all other pins?

As noted on the card back and elsewhere :

Teensy 3.6 pins are not 5 volt tolerant. Do not apply more than 3.3 volts.

Even if that did not somehow apply to AREF - no input over 3.3V could be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back