Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Arduino Music Player on Teensy Audio Shield

Arduino Music Player on Teensy Audio Shield

Ported my Arduino Music Player to the Teensy Audio Shield.

You can download the project at: https://github.com/JarkkoPFC/arduino-music-player

Cheers, Jarkko

This is so awesome, great work!

Thanks!

Added also stereo support

Hi Jarkko
    I just want to let you know I've been playing with your pmf player for two days and I am extremely impressed.
    Only issue I'm having right now is that I cannot get ILI9341 TFT display and the player work together on Teensy 4.

Hey thanks Chris! Incidentally I worked on ILI9341 based visualizer for the project, currently running on Teensy 3.6, but I'm about to port it to Teensy 4 I think it should be quite straightforward, just make sure you don't have conflicting pins with the audio board and the TFT display. But I let you know on this thread what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by JarkkoL View Post
    Hey thanks Chris! Incidentally I worked on ILI9341 based visualizer for the project, currently running on Teensy 3.6, but I'm about to port it to Teensy 4 I think it should be quite straightforward, just make sure you don't have conflicting pins with the audio board and the TFT display. But I let you know on this thread what I find.
    Note, the pinout for the audio shield is completely different for the Teensy 4 than it is for the Teensy 3.x processors. Without doing a lot of rewiring between the audio board mounted separately and the Teensy 4.0, etc. you will need to use the revision D audio board for the Teensy 4.0 and revisions A-C of the audio board for Teensy 3.x.

I replied to two threads giving the available pins after mounting the audio boards:

During the Teensy 4.0 beta, Paul built this breakout board to convert revision A-C audio boards for use with the Teensy 4.0. However, I suspect now that the revision D audio board is available, it is a lot easier to use that than to build this converter board (note PJRC.COM is NOT selling this board, they are just making the plans/gerber files available if you want to make one):

Also if you use the _t3 libraries, the Teensy 4.0 doesn't have the special CS and DC pins that sped things up for the 3.x processors (well pin 10 is special for the SPI CS pin, but that is used by the audio shield, and in practice I haven't seen a slowdown when I switched from using pin 10 to pin 22).

Ported the TFT visualizer to Teensy 4, which seems to work fine even when using hardware CS pin for the TFT. The audio shield uses the hardware CS pin for SD card so it doesn't conflict with the player audio playback.

@ MichaelMeissner and JarkkoL.
    Thanks both of you I could not reply sooner because of power outages after snow storm ‘Ezekiel’ in the Poconos USA.

@ MichaelMeissner
    Yeah I'm not sure what my issues are yet Perhaps it's pin configuration conflict, will look into it may be today. Thanks

@ JarkkoL.
    This looks impressive on Teensy 4.0, I am actually not running Teensy audio board just using the AudioOutputI2S and Adafruit I2S 3W Class D Amplifier Breakout - MAX98357A.
    One more thing I'm also running Teensy 4.0 SDIO microSD card with SdFat-beta ver.2 library.